Implant Retained Dentures
Unmatched Stability with the Look and Feel of Natural Teeth
For any type of construction project such as building a fence, a deck, or replacing a roof, the stability of that structure is of paramount importance. Posts must be installed properly and securely to hold the fence/deck firm and strong, while rafters and shingles must effectively protect the home and its occupants against the elements year-round. If these structures do not perform to acceptable standards, the resultant damage can be extensive and expensive.
In a similar way, your dentures should have the utmost stability in order to provide optimal performance at all times without worry, concern, and equally important, without any pain or irritation. For patients who require upper (maxillary) and/or lower (mandibular) arches, this sturdiness and strength can be achieved through implant retained dentures.
When your teeth need to be replaced, implant retained dentures offer a permanent solution, with unmatched stability and durability and the look and feel of natural teeth.
Restore Quality of Life with Implant Retained Dentures
The fundamental premise of implant retained dentures consists of attaching dental arches to two or more titanium ‘roots’ or implants that are anchored to the jawbone.
These dentures are primarily available in two formats:
Removable full-arch (sometimes called an overdenture)
- Anchored directly to the jawbone via two or more implants, or
- Clasped to an implant bar that is secured to the bone by four-plus implants
Fixed full-arch (or fixed implant-supported bridge)
- Secured directly to the jawbone by (usually) four or more dental implants
- The most routinely used method (four implants) is known as the All-on-4 system
Both formats offer several major advantages over traditional unsecured dentures, including:
Removable full-arch implant retained dentures:
- Eliminate the need for denture adhesive products
- Can be easily removed for cleaning and hygienic purposes
- Provide better functionality (chewing, talking) due to secure fit
- Permit talking and laughing without reservation or apprehension
- Avoid common gum irritation/inflammation associated with dentures
- May support modification/reuse of existing dentures (cost considerations)
Fixed full-arch implant retained dentures:
- Allow pain-free biting/chewing
- Restore natural chewing function
- Help maintain or restore taste sensation
- Expand/return dietary options to desired levels
- Help ensure greater stability of the existing bone
- Reduce the need for bone graft surgery to increase bone volume
- Eliminate lengthy/complex implant procedures (via All-on-4 system)
Advances in modern technology, such as implant retained dentures, and specifically the All-on-4 concept/process, have dramatically improved the quality of life for patients requiring dentures with respect to:
Clarity of Speech
Reduction of Pain/Discomfort
Self-Confidence & Self-Esteem
If you require replacement of your upper and/or lower arches and want dentures that offer optimal performance akin to natural teeth, implant retained dentures may provide the best solution. Call the dental implant specialists at Onyx Denture and Implant Clinic today at 403-995-0852 or contact us to arrange a no-obligation discussion on implant retained dentures and how they can help restore your quality of life.